Humphery

Humphery Station is located 142.370 kilometres from Mungar Junction and is 112 metres above sea level.

Humphery was referred to as a “Gate” with a Station Mistress appointed to oversee the day to day station operations. A crossing loop was fitted with a capacity of 47 units and a siding.

A station building, railway hourse, goods and cream shed was utilised at Humphery with cattle, pigs and sheep yards available for the transporting of livestock by rail.

Humphery was the location of a tragic collision between a stationary mixed train and a stock train on the 1st June 1918 in foggy conditions, resulting in 1 fatality.

Humphery was a designated railmotor stop for the Maryborough to Monto and return Railmotor service.

No 9 Gang Home Station Gayndah, Ganger Fred Stonehouse and Fettler Ron Cooper at Humphery with their quad ready to run the road from Humphery to Gayndah in 1951. Photo by the late Mrs Eileen Cooper 5th Class Station Mistress Humphery. Photo supplied by Grandson Jason Cooper family collection.
No 9 Gang Home Station Gayndah, Ganger Fred Stonehouse and Fettler Ron Cooper at Humphery with their quad ready to run the road from Humphery to Gayndah in 1951. Photo by the late Mrs Eileen Cooper 5th Class Station Mistress Humphery. Photo supplied by Grandson Jason Cooper family collection.
Railway house at Humphrey
Railway house at Humphery was the home of the Cooper family for 30 years. Photo supplied by Jason Cooper.
View of Humphery crossing loop looking towards Gayndah in 1990
View of Humphery crossing loop looking towards Gayndah in 1990. Photo courtesy David Phillips.
Humphery Railway Station
Humphery Railway Station the home of 5th Class Station Mistress the late Mrs Eileen Cooper. Photo supplied by Jason Cooper.
7M43 Line Clear Humphery
Line Clear Report issued by Gayndah Station Master Jim Nelson to Guard 7M43 Bill Spry at Humphery on 25th February 1986. Image courtesy Jason Cooper.