Dappil Siding is located 116.860 kilometres from Mungar Junction and is 99 metres above sea level.
Dappil had a siding and telephone connection with Maryborough and Mungar Junction. A Post Office operated at Dappil until 1954 was known as “Dappil Rail”.
Dappil Siding was referred to as a “Gate” with a Station Mistress appointed to oversee the day to day station operations. A station building, railway house, goods and cream shed were utilised at Dappil.
Dappil was a designated railmotor stop for the Maryborough to Monto and return Railmotor service.